What do you do when your one-bedroom apartment isn’t big enough for both of you and your new partner? You could find a bigger place, but that’s not always feasible – or affordable. If space is tight, here are 11 ideas to help make the most of your bedroom. From finding creative storage solutions to using furniture to create separate spaces, these tips will help you make the most of what you have. So get ready to transform your small bedroom into a cosy couples’ paradise!
What is a suitable design of Bedroom for Couples?
A suitable bedroom design for couples should be one that promotes romance and intimacy. The room should have a feeling of warmth and cosiness, with plenty of space for the two of you to cuddle up together. The bed should be the focal point of the room, and it should be large enough to comfortably accommodate both partners. The colour scheme should be soothing and romantic, with soft lighting to create a relaxed atmosphere.
How to design a Bedroom for a Couple?
When designing a bedroom for couples, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, it is important to create a space that is both comfortable and inviting. The bed should be large enough for two people, and there should be plenty of storage for clothes and personal belongings. The colour scheme should be soothing and romantic, and the lighting should be soft and relaxing. In addition, it is important to have a private area where couples can spend time together without interruption. A bedroom for couples should be a refuge from the outside world, where they can relax and enjoy each other’s company.
Trending Bedroom Ideas for Couples
If you’re looking for some bedroom ideas perfect for couples, look no further! Here are a few great ideas to get you started:
- Take Lifestyle Differences Into Consideration
- Make It Easy to Keep Clutter Tucked Away
- Set Up a Seating Area by a view
- Dress Up Closet Doors
- Light a Fire
- Add Personal Touches
- Work Around Awkward Quirks
- Balance Diverging Tastes
- Add Romantic Features
- Make Snug Quarters Extra Cozy
- Upgrade to a king
1) Take Lifestyle Differences Into Consideration
When it comes to bedroom decor, couples need to consider their lifestyle differences. This can be anything from different sleep schedules to different levels of tidiness.
One way to accommodate both partners is to have two separate beds. This way, each person can have their own space and there won’t be any arguments about who gets the comfier side. If you’re tight on space, consider a Murphy bed or a daybed that can be folded up when not in use.
Another important thing to keep in mind is storage. Both partners will need a place to put their clothes, books, and other belongings. One way to achieve this is by having his and her dressers for nightstands. If you want something more unified, look for bedroom furniture with plenty of drawers and shelving.
Finally, think about the lighting in the room. Some people prefer bright overhead lights while others prefer softer lamps for reading in bed. Try to find a balance that will work for both of you.
2) Make It Easy to Keep Clutter Tucked Away
If you and your partner are the types of people who tend to let clutter build up in your bedroom, it’s time to make a change. A good way to keep your bedroom looking neat and tidy is to have a place for everything and to make it easy to put things away.
One way to do this is to invest in some storage furniture, such as a dresser or chest of drawers. This will give you a place to store all of your clothes, linens, and other belongings. You can also use baskets or bins to store items that don’t necessarily need to be hung up or put away in a drawer.
Another tip is to keep surfaces clear. If your nightstand is cluttered with books, magazines, and other odds and ends, it’s time to declutter. The same goes for the top of your dresser. Keep only what you need within reach so that you’re not constantly searching for things.
3) Set Up a Seating Area by a view
A seating area is a great way to take advantage of a beautiful view in your bedroom. It can also be a cosy spot for reading or talking with your partner. When setting up a seating area, consider using furniture that can be easily moved so you can adjust the layout to suit your needs. A small loveseat or chairs with ottomans are ideal for this purpose. If you have the space, you may also want to include a coffee table or side table. Throw blankets and pillows can make the area more inviting and comfortable.
4) Dress Up Closet Doors
For a creative way to add some extra flair to your bedroom, consider dressing up your closet doors. There are a few different ways you can go about this, and the options will largely depend on the style of your closet doors.
One option is to add some fabric to the doors. This could be done by hanging a piece of fabric over the door or by attaching it with adhesive strips. You could also sew or staple the fabric directly onto the door. This is a great way to add colour and pattern to the room, and it’s also an easy way to change the look of your closet doors whenever you want.
Another option is to add trim or moulding to the doors. This can give them a more finished look and can also be used to create interesting patterns or shapes. You could use moulding that’s already painted or stained, or you could paint or stain it yourself. Either way, this is a relatively simple project that can make a big impact on your bedroom.
Whatever route you decide to go, dressing up your closet doors is a great way to personalise your space and make it unique. It’s also an easy project that doesn’t take too much time or money, so it’s perfect for couples who are looking for a quick bedroom makeover.
5) Light a Fire
When it comes to setting the mood in the bedroom, lighting is everything. If you want to create a romantic and intimate atmosphere, then you need to set the right tone with your lighting. One way to do this is to light a fire in the fireplace. This will not only provide some warmth and ambience, but it will also give you the perfect opportunity to snuggle up close to your partner. If you don’t have a fireplace, then candles are always a good option. Just make sure that you choose unscented candles so that they don’t interfere with any other scents that you might be using in the room.
6) Add Personal Touches
When it comes to decorating your bedroom as a couple, there are endless possibilities. But, one thing is for sure – personal touches are a must! After all, this is the space where you and your partner will share intimate moments and create lasting memories.
So, how can you add personal touches to your bedroom décor? Here are some ideas:
- Display photos of yourselves together. This could be from your wedding day, honeymoon, or any other special moment in your relationship.
- Hang artwork that has meaning to you both. It could be a painting that you bought on vacation together or a print that reminds you of a shared hobby or interest.
- Incorporate items that represent your personality and interests. For example, if you love to travel, display maps or globes in your room. Or, if you’re both into sports, frame jerseys or tickets from games you’ve attended together.
- Use accent pieces to inject some personality into the space. Throw pillows are an easy way to do this – choose ones with fun patterns or personal messages written on them. Similarly, lamps with unique bases or tablecloths with intricate designs can also add character to the room.
7) Work Around Awkward Quirks
When it comes to bedroom decor for couples, there are a few awkward quirks that you may have to work around. For example, one person may be a morning person while the other is a night owl. Or, one of you may prefer the bedside lamp on while the other prefers complete darkness. Whatever your quirks may be, there are ways to work around them so that both of you can be comfortable in the bedroom.
If one of you is a morning person and the other is a night owl, try using blackout curtains or an eye mask to help the night owl sleep in. You can also set up two different alarm clocks so that each person can wake up when they want to. If one of you likes the bedside lamp while the other prefers complete darkness, try using a dimmer switch on the lamp so that it can be adjusted to each person’s preference. Whatever your quirks may be, there are ways to work around them so that both of you can be comfortable in the bedroom.
8) Balance Diverging Tastes
If you and your partner can’t seem to agree on a bedroom decor style, don’t fret! There are plenty of ways to balance diverging tastes and create a space that both of you will love.
One way to achieve this is by choosing a neutral colour palette and then incorporating personal touches with accessories. This way, each person can have their input while still achieving a cohesive look. Another approach is to design separate spaces within the room, such as a cosy reading nook or a dressing area. This allows each person to have their own private space while still sharing the same overall room.
Whatever route you choose, remember that communication is key. Work together to come up with a plan that everyone is happy with, and don’t be afraid to compromise along the way. With a little patience and effort, you’ll be able to create a bedroom that perfectly reflects both of your unique styles.
9) Add Romantic Features
To add some romance to your bedroom decor, try adding some candles, soft lighting, and romantic colours. You can also add some flowers or other greenery to add a touch of nature’s beauty. If you have a fireplace, light it up and enjoy the warmth and ambience it provides. Adding a few personal touches such as photos or love notes can also make your bedroom more romantic. Whatever you do, make sure your bedroom is a place where you can relax and enjoy each other’s company.
10) Make Snug Quarters Extra Cozy
Whether you’re cuddling up with your partner on a cold winter’s night or snuggling in for a cosy night alone, making your quarters extra snug is always a good idea. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add Some Textured Layers: Blankets, throws, and pillows are always a good idea when it comes to making your space more cosy. But why not add some extra texture with sheepskin rugs or faux fur? It’ll make the room feel even more luxurious.
- Get the Lighting Right: Nothing ruins a cosy mood quite like harsh fluorescent light bulbs. So make sure to invest in some good quality lighting – think candles, string lights, or even just dimmer switches for your overhead lights.
- Bring in Some Nature: There’s something about nature that just makes everything feel more calming and cosy. So bring the outdoors in by adding some plants to your space, using essential oils, or even incorporating natural materials like wood into your decor.
- Make It Smell Good: The sense of smell is powerful stuff – so make sure your quarters smell as good as they look and feel. Incorporate scented candles, diffusers, or even potpourri into your space to help set the mood.
11) Upgrade to a king
A king-size bed is an ultimate luxury for couples. Not only does it provide plenty of space for both partners to sleep comfortably, but it also gives them ample room to stretch out and relax. Plus, a king-size bed can make a big statement in a bedroom, giving it an air of sophistication and elegance. If you’re looking to upgrade your bedroom decor, consider swapping out your standard bed for a king-size option.
Latest Bedroom Design Ideas For Couples
Whether you’re newlywed or have been married for years, these bedroom ideas will help inject some fresh style and romance into your space. If you’re looking for more inspiration, be sure to check out our other home design posts for even more ideas. Thanks for following along!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good designs for bedrooms of small size?
Some good design ideas for small bedrooms include:
1) Using light colours on the walls and ceiling to create the illusion of a larger space
2) Hang mirrors to reflect light and add a sense of depth
3) Avoid large furniture pieces and opt for smaller, more delicate pieces
4) Use multi-purpose furniture where possible (e.g. a bed with built-in storage)
5) Keep the floor space clear to open up the room
What are some ideas for decorating a 11×11 room?
If you’re looking for ideas on how to decorate a 11×11 room, here are a few suggestions:
1) Paint the walls a light colour to make the room feel bigger.
2) Hang curtains to add some colour and pattern.
3) Add a rug to define the space and add some cosy factors.
4) Arrange furniture so that it’s functional and looks good.
5) Accessorise with items that reflect your personal style.
What is the perfect size for a bedroom?
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone’s needs are different. However, a good rule of thumb is that a bedroom should be large enough to comfortably fit a bed, dresser, and nightstand. It should also have enough space to walk around and open doors and drawers without feeling cramped. In general, a smaller bedroom will feel cosier while a larger one will feel more spacious. Ultimately, the perfect size for a bedroom is the one that works best for you and your needs.
What is the best way to design a bedroom?
There are a few things to consider when designing a bedroom. First, you need to decide what style you want the room to be. Do you want it to be modern or traditional? Once you’ve decided on the style, you need to choose the furniture. What type of bed do you want? A sleigh bed looks great in a traditional bedroom, while a platform bed is perfect for a modern bedroom. Then, you need to choose the right colours for the walls and the bedding. You also need to decide if you want any additional features in the room, like a fireplace or a TV.
What are your ideas to decorate a big bedroom?
There are a few ideas to decorate a big bedroom. One idea is to use a light colour palette. This will make the room appear larger and brighter. Another idea is to use furniture that is close to the ground. This will also make the room appear larger. Finally, you can use mirrors to create the illusion of more space.
How to make your bedroom more conducive to romance?
If you want to make your bedroom more conducive to romance, here are a few things you can do:
1) Make sure the room is clean and clutter-free. This will help create a sense of calm and relaxation.
2) Add some romantic lighting. Candles or lamps with softer, warmer light can help set the mood.
3) Create a romantic ambience with music and scents. Soothing music and pleasant aromas can help set the stage for romance.
4) Make sure the bed is comfortable and inviting. Plush pillows and soft sheets can help create an inviting space for romance.
What are some of the best ways to decorate a room?
There are many ways to decorate a room, but some of the best ways to do so are by adding pops of colour, using mirrors to create the illusion of more space, and by incorporating different textures. Adding pops of colour is a great way to brighten up any room and make it feel more inviting. Mirrors can also be used to create the illusion of more space, which can be particularly helpful in small rooms. Incorporating different textures into your decor can also add interest and depth to a room.
What would your ideal bedroom look like?
A bedroom should be a haven, a place to relax and unwind. It should be a reflection of your personal style and a space that you can truly call your own. Your ideal bedroom would likely be spacious, with plenty of room to move around.