Are you considering a home renovation, but aren’t sure what style to go for? Contemporary might be the perfect choice for you! These 8 stunning contemporary home renovation ideas will give you some great inspiration. From sleek and modern to light and airy, there’s something for everyone in this list. So if you’re ready to embrace the contemporary style, keep reading for some amazing ideas.
What is a Contemporary Home Renovation?
A home renovation is the process of making changes to an existing home to update its look and/or improve its functionality. This can include anything from painting walls and installing new flooring to gutting the entire interior and starting from scratch. A contemporary home renovation is one that incorporates modern design elements and focuses on simplicity and function. This type of renovation might involve tearing down walls to create an open-concept layout, adding energy-efficient windows and doors, or using sustainable materials throughout the home. No matter what approach you take, a contemporary home renovation can breathe new life into an older home.
What Are The Challenges Of A Contemporary House Remodel?
When you are considering a contemporary home renovation, you may be faced with the challenge of what to do with the outdated and dated elements of your home. While updating your kitchen or bathrooms may be a relatively easy task, updating an entire house can be daunting. Here are some of the challenges you might face when renovating a contemporary home renovations:
- Damage due to moisture: One of the most significant issues that may arise in houses with older architecture is water seepage. The water could get in via the ceiling, the walls, or plumbing pipes that are leaking elsewhere. Make it a priority to hire a waterproofing specialist who will be able to locate the damaged walls and then seal them using new plaster and waterproofing solutions in order to maintain control over the amount of moisture.
- Cracks in the foundation: The existence of obvious fissures in the foundation of the structure is still another significant issue, and this is particularly true in the case when the home in question is an inherited property that is older than sixty years.
- Outdated plumbing lines: The galvanised plumbing pipes found in older buildings are susceptible to corrosion and should be replaced as soon as possible. It is imperative that all of the galvanised pipes be changed out for brand new PVC pipes.
- Poor workmanship: Before beginning the restoration work, it is important to check the interiors and exteriors of the building for sloppy workmanship and to take the necessary steps to correct any issues that are found.
- Old electrical wiring: An older building’s electrical wiring is not designed to support the weight of contemporary household equipment such as geysers, air conditioners, refrigerators, microwaves, and other electronic devices and appliances.
- Outdated layout: Some older homes feature floor plans that are no longer modern and do not make efficient use of available space. Because of this, it is very necessary to rearrange the space without making any alterations to the construction of the building.
Ideas for Stunning Contemporary Home Renovation
If you’re thinking of updating your home’s look, there are many creative and stunning ideas to consider for your home renovation. From adding a fresh board & design your entryway with new furniture, there are a variety of ways to make your home look modern and stylish. Here are some ideas for Stunning Contemporary Home Renovation:
- Change the colour palette of the space
- Upgrade your bathroom tiles
- Shop for new artwork
- Replace light fixtures
- Add a new washbasin
- Use new rugs
- Repaint /recycle old furniture
- Add a snazzy wallpaper
- Designer minimalist partitions
- Floating shelves with plants
- Change Curtain fabric and style
- Redo flooring
1) Change The Colour Palette Of The Space
When it comes to home renovation, changing the colour scheme is among the most important tasks. In addition to energising the area, this will infuse the space with vibrancy and enthusiasm. Several methods exist for achieving this goal without incurring huge financial expenses.
If you want to completely transform the mood of a certain room, switching up the colour scheme is the best way to do it. For example, if the room previously had a warm palette consisting of red, orange, and yellow, you should choose for a cool palette consisting of green, blue, and purple colours. In a similar fashion, selecting accent walls for a neutral space is an excellent way to liven it up. A completely white room may get a splash of colour through colourful ethnic upholstery, or it might be transformed into a black-and-white space by the addition of an accent wall in the colour black.
2) Upgrade Your Bathroom Tiles
If you’re looking to update your bathroom with some fresh new tiles, we’ve got some great contemporary home renovation ideas for you. Try out a modern monochromatic tile design for a touch of class. Or go for a more geometric look for an updated and modern look. Whichever tiles you choose, make sure they coordinate well with the rest of your bathroom decor.
You could also upgrade your tiles to porcelain or granite. You could also install a new flooring option, like wood or tile. Or you could overhaul the entire bathroom with new paint, fixtures, and countertops. And don’t forget about accessories like faucets and towel bars – they can really make a difference in the overall look of your bathroom.
3) Shop For New Artwork
Contemporary home renovation ideas often include adding new artwork to accentuate the décor. There are many different types of artwork that can be used in contemporary homes, from traditional paintings to abstract pieces. It’s important to choose art that fits the style of the home and the personalities of the owners. Some homeowners prefer eclectic art, while others prefer more traditional styles
Here are some types of artwork that will look great in your contemporary home renovation:
- Abstract Art – This type of artwork is simple but effective. It can be used in any room, and it will modernise your home without costing a fortune.
- Contemporary Art – This type of artwork is popular right now, and it’s perfect for any modern home. You can find pieces that are colourful and vibrant, or you can go for more subdued colours.
- Folk Art – This type of artwork is made by ethnic artists, and it’s often traditional in nature. It can be used in any room of your home, and it will add a little desi touch to the space.
4) Replace Light Fixtures
Improve the appearance of your home a great deal by replacing light fixtures. You can find a variety of light fixtures that will fit into your current decor. Upgrading to pendant lights, track lights, and chandeliers are a great way to add extra brightness and glamour. Not only do these fixtures look amazing, but they also provide a lot of flexibility when it comes to placement. You can easily swap out lightbulbs or change the colour of your lighting without any major modifications to your home.
You can also try out LED lighting which is more energy-efficient and lasts longer than traditional light bulbs. Plus, it looks great in any room. You can replace your old light fixtures with new LED equivalents or upgrade to brighter, more efficient models.
5) Add a New Washbasin
One of the most popular contemporary home renovation ideas is adding a new washbasin. There is a diverse selection of washbasins available, allowing you to choose one that is suited to your preferences in terms of both function and appearance. You have the option of going with a conventional basin that consists of a sink and taps, or you could go with a more contemporary design that incorporates a touch screen and water filters.
There’s something about the tranquillity and serenity of a glass-enclosed spa that just makes us feel good. And we can bring that feeling right into our homes with some beautiful glass washbasins. Moroccan wash basins are especially popular right now because they add a touch of exoticism to any bathroom.
6) Use New Rugs
Investing in new rugs is among the most effective methods to bring your house up to date. Not only can rugs give a room more uniqueness and flair, but they also help comfort the space and make it look more vibrant. For your contemporary home renovation you can go with:
- Linen Rugs: These are perfect for a formal or traditional room. They add elegance and sophistication to any space, and they’re also great for keeping floors clean.
- Carpet Rugs: These are ideal for smaller rooms or areas that need a little more coverage. They’re also great for cleaning because they come with a detachable underlayment.
- Mohair Rugs: These rugs are made from mohair fibres, which make them soft and luxurious. They’re perfect for high-traffic areas like bedrooms or living rooms, because they absorb sound and add comfort.
- Synthetic Rugs: These rugs are made from synthetic materials, which means they’re resistant to dirt and dust. They’re also easier to clean than natural rugs because they have no pile.
7) Repaint / Recycle Old Furniture
If you’re looking to update your home’s decor but don’t have the budget to replace every piece of furniture, consider painting or recycling your old furniture. A fresh coat of paint or a new coating of varnish can give any piece of furniture a new look and feel, while also protecting it from wear and tear. If you don’t have room for a new piece of furniture, consider reusing an old one in a new way. For example, turn old furniture into a painting and add some colour to your room and change the look of an old piece of furniture in just a few minutes. You can repurpose an old dresser into a vase by trimming the sides and sanding the gloss while adding some glue and flowers as a final touch. Also you can turn an old desk into a cosy chair by removing the drawers, staining the wood, and adding cushions.
8) Add A Snazzy Wallpaper
If you’re feeling a little bit bored with your present décor, why not try adding a snazzy wallpaper to your list of home renovation ideas to see if it helps? Wallpapers come in a wide variety of styles, each of which may transform the appearance of a room in your house into something fresh and modern. Choose a dramatic wallpaper if you want to make a strong statement with your decor. Choose a wallpaper that is light and airy if you want something that is less noticeable in the room.
For example, if you’re looking for a pattern that will add a little bit of excitement to your walls, try a tribal design. Another option is a geometric pattern, which can be very modern and sleek. If you’re looking for something more traditional, try a floral or paisley pattern.
9) Designer Minimalist Partitions
If you’re tired of your home seeming cluttered and outdated, then it might be time to consider some designer minimalist partitions. Not only will these partitions help to organise your home, but they can also add a touch of luxury and class. These partitions can help to organise your home and make it look more modern. These partitions are made from lightweight materials and they can be easily installed.
They are often made out of lightweight and sleek materials like seamless glass partitions, sleek wooden louvres, perforated metal for that industrial charm, metal and wood partition with floating shelves, and they can give your home a fresh look without taking up too much space. You can also choose to have minimalist furniture instead of traditional walls and ceilings, which will give your home an open and airy feel.
10) Floating Shelves With Plants
One easy way to add a pop of colour and life to a room is by adding floating shelves with plants as a part of your home renovations. Not only will this enhance the look of the room, but it will also help to create a dramatic decor. Plus, the plants will help to filter the air and add a touch of nature to your home.
Floating shelves with plants are a great way to add interest and colour to a room. Floating shelves may be installed on a wall in staggered or straight rows, depending on your preference. The staggered pattern is effective when used with many different types of plants because it provides enough room for each sort of plant. Some plants have huge leaves, while others have little leaves. so, each gets their own shelves. You can choose to have an anthurium Plant, aloe vera plant, pothos plant, peace lily plant or a jade plant.
11) Change Curtain Fabric And Style
Consider changing your curtain fabric and style. You can go for a more contemporary look by using a lighter fabric in different colours or prints. Or, you can go with a traditional curtain style that features a panel of fabric that’s divided into different sections. These will add a touch of glamour to your home by choosing a curtain material with a high thread count. And will create an elegant and sophisticated look.
For example, if you want to keep the same curtain style but want to switch out the fabric, try a tie-dye curtain. This type of curtain is made from a variety of different fabrics sewn together, so it looks like a patterned rug. You can also try a unique curtain style by choosing a fabric with a geometric pattern. This will add some visual interest and excitement to your home.
12) Redo Flooring
Refinishing flooring is one of the most typical types of home renovation tasks people engage on. This is true for a variety of reasons, some of which include the fact that installing new flooring in a room may provide it a unique personality and sense of style, that it can make the area cosier, and that it can raise the value of the property. You can choose from a range of materials, including tile, hardwood, and laminate. In addition, you can choose from a variety of colours and designs.
Some of the most popular include wood flooring, tile flooring, and hardwood flooring. For example, wood flooring is great for rooms that are used a lot, such as the living room or kitchen. However, it can be difficult to keep clean and can become damaged if not treated properly. Tile flooring is a good option for bathrooms and bedrooms because it’s easy to keep clean and looks stylish. It’s not as durable as wood or hardwood flooring, but it’s less expensive and easier to install.
Stunning Contemporary Home Inspirations Your Should Look At
If you are in the market for a new home, or are simply interested in contemporary home renovation design, these 8 stunning home renovation ideas will leave you inspired. From sleek and minimalist to warm and inviting, there is something for everyone here. Have you been considering a home renovation? What style do you lean towards?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most realistic home renovation show?
In our opinion, the most realistic home renovation show is “Homes by Design”. It’s not just because the hosts are real estate agents, but they also do a great job of showing you how to rehab your own home.
How can I modernise the look of my house?
Here are some tips:
Add contemporary design elements to your home’s existing style
Update your lighting
Pick up some affordable furniture pieces
Use natural materials and textures
Incorporate plants into your home’s design
Which month is good for house renovation?
Remodelling your home in the fall is a great way to beat the winter blues and get your home looking and feeling brand new all at once!
What are some great ideas for designing a smaller bathroom?
Here are some ideas:
Use light and bright colours to create a cheerful atmosphere.
Think about adding extra storage and seating areas to make using the bathroom more comfortable and convenient.
Choose fittings and materials that are both easy to maintain and stylish.
Bring in some natural elements to give the bathroom an overall relaxing atmosphere.
What are the best home designs?
The best home designs are:
What makes a modern home ‘modern’ in look?
Some key features that make a home modern in look are: flat roofs, glass walls and windows, stainless steel appliances and fixtures, modular construction, and an open floor plan.
What is the best way for home renovation?
Here are some tips:
Do your research
Consider your needs
Evaluate your options
Prioritise your goals