30 things to look out for when plumbing are added below as instructions.
1. Plan in detail.
2. Allocate different lines for fresh water and drinking water, including the pump line.
3. Separate the waste water and soil waste line (closet line) by type.
4. When the waste water line is laid on the ground, the slope should be 1 cm per 1 m.
5. Ensure to build a chamber for the line from the bathroom to the mainline outside.
6. A clean outset or inspection chamber should be provided on the soil and waste water line at least once every 5 metre or every 10 metre.
7. For drainage line use 45* elbow instead of 90 * for soil or water waste, or else 90*Bend should be given.
8. Make floor trap mandatory in bathroom. Use multi floor trap.
9. Link the waste water line through the floor trap for the wash basin and sink. Otherwise the stench from the waste water soak pit will fill the house.
10. Even if two toilets come on either side of a wall, the toilet outlet should be linked to the main line through the chamber. It should also be separate pipeline.
11. When building a toilet on the first floor area, insert a 3/4 “inch pipe with float holes in the concrete slab and give it a dripping line. So you can prevent the spread of moisture on the floor below up to 90%.
12. Professional water proofing should b done twice before laying the plumbing line in the first floor bathroom and after laying the line.
13. Test for water leakage using pressure water line pressure pump and waste water line gravity force method. Take a minimum of 6 hours to test. 95% of future water leakage problems can be avoided.
14. Buy branded products when purchasing the plumbing pipe. But it is also important to take into account the brand’s own fittings for any brand of pipe. Do not use another company’s item. Also, if the solvent used to glue should be of same company if the pipe is ASTM pipe, use ASTM solvent for it, SVR for UPC solvent and CPVC for CPVC solvent.
15. Be careful not to spend a lot of money when picking up sanitary items. It takes an average of 15 years to use the same sanitary ware in a home bathroom. Very few people use it for more years.
16. Use the wall mount closet as much as possible in the toilet. Floor can be cleaned 100%. This method is especially recommended at a time when infectious diseases are on the rise.
17. Women should be careful not to flush sanitary pads in the closet.
18. Give special sock pit for septic tank. Give a separate sock pit to the kitchen waste water. Separate sock pit should be provided for waste water from bathroom. This is how the layout should be prepared.
19. Use concealed flush tank half frame type for the least, when planning on wall mount closet. Mount the closet on the threaded rod on its frame structure.
20. When using the concealed flush tank half frame, build the ledge wall without cutting the wall.
21. Design the bathroom with separate wet and dry area. It will be 90% clean and hygienic when using the toilet.
22. In a small bathroom, be sure to pick up a sanitary item that fits your bathroom size. It’s not the opinion of the people in the shop. Instead, consider the opinion of the architect, interior designer and plumbing designer who designed the house.
23. Never use a screw or bolt that could rust for the bathroom.
24. When concealing a pipe in the bathroom, make sure that the water line does not go too deep inside the wall. If not, you will need to use an extension nipple to tighten the fittings on the top angle coke. It is likely to cause a leak in the future. In addition, the gaps inside the tiles are more likely to widen due to the moisture.
25. Care should be taken to ensure that the main delivery pipe coming out of the tank placed on the roof is not less than one and a half inches. Also be sure to use the bend without using the main line 90 * elbow fitting until you get off the roof and complete the water delivery line. This will help to increase the water supply pressure.
26. Test the water in bore wells and wells at least every 6 months in the lab. Currently, 80% of groundwater is unusable.
27. If there is any presence of iron or other fat in bore wells and wells, double filter with line filter and the pump line filter should be used for household. Otherwise, there is a 90% chance that the pipeline, flush tank, diverter, etc. in your home will be destroyed. In addition, it can cause algae to grow inside the pipeline and later become a breeding ground for bacteria.
28. Food waste disposal is now a headache in 80% of households. So buy a kitchen sink model with two bowls of sink and install a food waste crusher pump in it with little space. You can put any non-plastic and non-metallic food waste in it and use a motor to grind it into slurry. So that it will rot in the sock pit which is only for kitchen waste. It can be used to destroy even a small piece of bone. The average price of this machine is from Rs.10000.
29. If you need sump tank to store fresh water underground (this is usually done by water authority dependents.) Avoid concrete and PVC tanks and use Ferro Cement tanks instead. The concrete tank will need to be waterproofed at least once every 3 years. The chemicals used in it are very harmful.
30. Try to replace the roof tank and PVC with a stainless steel or Ferro cement tank.
31. Make sure that the person who builds the swimming pool inside the house is able to maintain it properly. If its maintenance is not done at regular intervals, it can cause skin diseases, moulds, etc. and then it will cost a huge amount to get it fixed.
32. Water Authority connection in houses with swimming pool is available at Commercial Tariff. It can cause the water charge to double.
33. Those who use water heaters in their homes should use the 3 litre instant water heater . You get less power charge and more water and better water pressure. Also, if you have a solar water heater, line up with it. Heater can be used when extra heat is required.
34. When installing the exhaust fan in the toilet, make sure that the entire part of the window is completely covered and the open part is completely closed when the fan is working. Also be sure to install a louver on the toilet door. By installing this louver, the air flow in the bathroom will be in the right direction and the toilet floor will be dry without humidity. When installing this louver, the mosquito net should be layered thinly. It will prevent mosquitoes from entering the bedroomm.
35. Select the pipe as follows for plumbing in houses.
- Use CPVC SDR-11 pipe or PPR – PN 20 or PN 25 grade for hot water or water line on the wall in the bathroom. SDR 11 is the grade of CPVC. PN20 & PN25 are PPR pipe grade.
- Use UPVC SWR Pasted or Oring model for waste water line. Minimum Gauge should be 6Kg.
- Use ASTM UPVC Sh40 grade for water pumping and for tank delivery line . There is nothing wrong with using PPR. But it will cost a little more money. Therefore ASTM uPVC SH 40 is good as it is budget friendly and is made of food grade quality. SH 40 is the grade.
36. Try to make the pump submersible type for houses. Although it may cost more to buy, this type is the best in terms of work efficiency. A submersible pump is a pump which is submersed in water tank. Be sure to pick up branded companies when picking up such a pump.
Example: ESPA, Groundfose etc.
37. The water pump capacity of the house is not taken into account in hp. Measure the height from the bottom of the pumping source to the top of the tank. Calculate how many meters and how many elbows are in the pump line. Take the measurement considering 1/2 meter for 4 elbows. Then the pump head is the total value obtained. Also how much water the pump will pump in a minute will be written on the motor’s plate. Take that into account too. If the model is pumping 50 litres of water per minute, it will take 10 minutes to fill the 500 litre tank. Also, the efficiency of the motor should never be taken as 100%. Instead 75% should be taken into account. Then you can pick up an efficient motor.
38. If one storey house has more than 4 bathrooms, it is better to use a pressure booster pump. Setting up a bypass line with an NRV (Non Return Valve) when installing a pressure pump will help keep the water supply uninterrupted when there is no electricity in the house.
You can ask me your queries and I will answer based on my convenience. I will be also able to provide electrical & plumbing design and drawing of houses.
Electrical & Plumbing Consultant
Contracting & Consultancy Pvt Ltd
HolyTuesday Shopping Mall,
Email : email@example.com
Mob : +919605043555, +918921412034
E commerce : https://loyocmart.com